- SIGN UP – ENTER HERE
- CREATE – Follow the guidelines below and let your creativity flow
- SUBMIT – Turn your art into Bayshore Marketing Group
ART TIES US CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
ELIGIBILITY: There is no fee to enter. The Contest is open only to those who sign up at the www.ArtTiesUs.com contest website and who are at least 18 years of age or older as of April 1, 2019. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Birchwood, Footprints Charities, Bayshore Marketing Group, The Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of “Employees” are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of The Birchwood, The Judges Panel, Footprints Charities, and the Art Ties Us Committee as final and binding as it relates to the Contest.
THE CONTEST: This is an “art” (metal, paint, sculpture, clay, glass, etc.) contest. We are asking for you to submit your work of “art” as a donation that will be judged for a prize and/or auctioned off at the Art Ties Us Gala on Friday, September 13, 2019. All submitted art will be included in:
(1) An online contest for the online community to pick a 1st place winner (Popular Vote) with a cash prize
(2) Examined by a Panel of Judges and awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd place cash prizes
(3) Judged by the Art Ties Us committee for a cash award
A post-contest event will be held at The Birchwood, 340 Beach Drive N.E. St. Petersburg, FL 33701, where supporters of the arts will gather for the Art Ties Us Gala (a fundraiser) to celebrate the winners of the three (1,2,3) contests noted above and bid on artwork donated by artists.
HOW TO ENTER: The Contest must be entered by either submitting an entry form using the online form provided at www.ArtTiesUs.com or filling out a paper form at the Bayshore Marketing Group office located at 5530 1st Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33710 during normal office hours. Entry forms and pieces of original artwork will be accepted starting Monday, May 13, 2019 at 9 AM and ending Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 3 PM.
GUIDELINES FOR CONTEST: All art must follow the guidelines below.
- The size of one-dimensional art must be a minimum size of 18″ wide X 24″ tall
- The size of one-dimensional art must be a maximum of 24” wide x 36” tall
- The size of three-dimensional art must be able to fit in a 24” wide x 24” tall x 24” deep box
- All art submissions for the contest must be signed by You, the artist
- Only one submission per artist will be allowed.
Entries that include provocative, lewd, or sexual content; offensive or vulgar language; trademarks, logos, or other intellectual property not owned by Entrant or if you have ever been arrested or have a criminal record for defaming public art, you will be disqualified to enter this contest. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified. Bayshore Marketing Group, Footprints Charities, and The Birchwood retain the right to reject submissions that do not fit the guidelines or spirit of the Contest.
YOUR ART SUBMISSION: Your original art submissions must be received by Bayshore Marketing Group located at 5530 1st Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33710 between Monday, May 13, 2109 at 9 AM and Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 3 PM. When you turn in your art submission, you will be required to sign an Artist Authorization Form.
- Each artist must warrant that he or she has obtained all necessary releases from models and other subjects featured in the works of art and any additional releases required with respect to names, trademarks, designs or works of art depicted in the submitted work of art and that the creation, display, or distribution of the work of art will not violate any law.
- Each artist warrants that he or she alone created the submitted work of art and that it is an original work of art and not a copy or derivative of any other copyrighted or published work of art.
- Artists must submit their own works; third parties may not submit art on artists’ behalf. If you have a special circumstance that you believe requires an exception, please contact Bayshore Marketing Group for alternate submission instructions.
- All entries become the property of Footprints Charities and will not be returned.
- Bayshore Marketing Group and Footprints Charities, its employees, affiliates, contractors, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be held liable for entries which are not accounted for any reason whatsoever, whether lost, late, stolen, misdirected, illegible, mutilated, destroyed, or incomplete.
- If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims.
- By entering this Contest, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork on the ArtTiesUs.com website, on The Birchwood website, on the Footprints Charities Website, in promotional newsletters, and in the marketing of the art competition to the general public.
- Entries will randomly be displayed on the ArtTiesUs.com website and on social media channels and each entry will become part of the public, historical/archival online contest catalog.
THE CONTEST: All submitted art will be displayed online at www.ArtTiesUs.com. All digital images of art submitted will be the same size and will be displayed randomly and in no particular order when a voter logs on to vote.
- Online voting is scheduled to begin July 15, 2019 and scheduled to end July 26, 2019.
Bayshore Marketing Group, the Judges Panel, The Art Ties Us Committee and The Birchwood will have final review and approval rights of the winning artists for this contest.
NOTIFICATION: The online winners will be chosen by votes collected during contest under the supervision of Bayshore Marketing Group. The winners will be notified by email and telephone within five (5) days following the end of the contest. Bayshore Marketing Group shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to confirm being voted as a winner within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected.
- Footprints Charities will award the following:
- 1st Place as voted on by the Panel of Judges $1,500
- 2nd Place as voted on by the Panel of Judges $1,000
- 3rd Place as voted on by the Panel of Judges $750
- Popular Vote winner as selected by most votes from the online contest $500
- Art Ties Us Committee vote winner $500
- Cash awards for the winners will be mailed to the artist no later than September 30, 2019.
- Artwork submitted may be auctioned off at the Art Ties Us Gala by either live or silent auction and the net proceeds from the Gala will go to Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts.
- The top 3 winners, as awarded by the Panel of Judges, will have their art displayed at The Birchwood for no less than 6 months.
- The top 3 winners as awarded by the Panel of Judges, will have server ties made in the likeness of their art submission and will be worn by the Birchwood staff for a period of no less than one year.
- The top 3 winners as awarded by the Panel of Judges, must agree and grant The Birchwood a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to publish, modify, make available to the public, and reproduce their art through any and all formats for any purpose including the sale of merchandise sold at The Birchwood that could include ties, golf shirts, hats, coffee mugs, etc.
ART TIES US GALA: The Art Ties Us Gala – An Evening with the Artists will be held Friday, September 13, 2019 at The Birchwood. Tickets can be purchased online at www.ArtTiesUs.com
NON-EXCLUSIVE PERMISSIONS: By entering this Contest, you agree to allow The Birchwood, Bayshore Marketing Group, Footprints Charities, Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts, and Art Ties Us the right to display submitted art and reproduce submitted art for promotional purposes in both printed, fabricated and electronic form.
By entering this contest and/or accepting prize money, you agree to release The Birchwood, Footprints Charities, Bayshore Marketing Group, and Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts, any of their affiliates, and any of their directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability arising from your participation in this Contest and/or with respect to the awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The Birchwood, Footprints Charities, Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts and Bayshore Marketing Group from any and all losses, expenses, claims or liabilities arising from a breach of any of your representations or warranties, or the use of your art by The Birchwood, Footprints Charities, Bayshore Marketing Group, Art Ties Us, or Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts.
By entering this contest you also agree that if you are one of the top 3 winners as awarded by the Panel of Judges, you will allow and grant The Birchwood a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to publish, modify, make available to the public, distribute, and reproduce your art through any and all media or formats for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and/or the marketing, advertising and promotion.
DISPUTES: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States of America and the State of Florida, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Bayshore Marketing Group, Birchwood, and Footprints Charities reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Bayshore Marketing Group, The Birchwood or Footprints Charities control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Bayshore Marketing Group, The Birchwood and Footprints Charities may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Bayshore Marketing Group, The Birchwood or Footprints Charities. Bayshore Marketing Group, The Birchwood and Footprints Charities have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Bayshore Marketing Group, The Birchwood and Footprints Charities reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Birchwood, Footprints Charities, Bayshore Marketing Group, Art Ties Us, and The Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Bayshore Marketing Group at 5530 1st Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33710.